New Student Registration

Registration for new students is held in the Middle Grade (3-6) Building.

Normal business hours are M-F 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Hours vary during the summer and school vacation periods.

To schedule an appointment please call Jen Hillebrandt at 692-9542, Ext. 6500

A parent/guardian must accompany all new students, including those over age 18.

New student registration MUST be completed ONLINE (see below).


  1. Contact Jen Hillebrandt to determine residency and schedule an appointment at 692-9542 Ext 6500
  2. Pre-register online and print other required forms.
    (You will need one set for each child you are registering.)
  3. Forms must be printed and completed before your appointment.
  4. Bring all required documentation, as listed above, to your appointment.
  5. Once documents are reviewed and residency is established, the request for school records will be sent to your child's previous school.
  6. Receiving school, transportation and food service are then notified of student registration.
  7. Elementary (K-6): The receiving elementary school contacts parents/guardian notifying them of the exact start date (if registering during the school year or late in the summer).
  8. Secondary (7-12): Receiving school contacts parent/guardian to set an appointment to arrange academic schedule.
  9. Receiving school determines the student's start date at all levels.


The other required forms are available below and can be downloaded and completed prior to your appointment. One set must be completed for each new student. Bring all completed forms and required documentation to your appointment.

Kindergarten registration is held at the primary building during April (and August for those who miss the April screening) of the year prior to entrance.
Children entering Kindergarten must be five years old by Dec. 1 of the year the child begins school.


New York State education law requires that the following documents be presented at the time of registration:

  1. Valid photo ID of parent/guardian in the form of a driver's license, non-driver's ID or original passport.
  2. Original documentation of birth, in the form of an original birth certificate, or passport. If not available, acceptable documentation includes: official driver's license, state or other government issued identification, school photo ID with date of birth, consulate identification card, hospital or health records, military dependent identification card, documents issued by federal, state or local agencies, court orders or other court-issued documents, Native American tribal documents, or records from non-profit international aid agencies and volunteer agencies.
  3. Official immunization record and current physical.
  4. Student's current IEP if applicable.
  5. Custody paperwork if applicable. If the student is not the biological child, documents must be presented which proves a permanent and total transfer of custody.
  6. The complete name and address of the student's previous school. Parent/guardians in possession of academic or medical records should present them at the time of registration.
  7. Two proof of residency documents are required. These documents must include the name and address of parent or legal guardian.

Acceptable documents include:

  • Executed Lease Agreement
  • Deed
  • Mortgage statement
  • If the above are not available, acceptable documentation includes: pay stub, income tax form, utility or other bills, membership documents based upon residency (e.g. library cards), voter registration documents, official driver's license, learner's permit, or non-driver ID, state or other government issued identification, or documents issued by federal, state or local agencies.

When residency is questionable, parents will be required to complete an Affidavit of Shared Residence and/or Affidavit of Residence Landlord/Owner Statement.

IMPORTANT: All decisions regarding residency are made by the Business Administrator


Before a student with special education needs may start, the current IEP must be received and reviewed by the director of special education. Depending on the student's placement needs, his or her "home" school placement may change. There may also be a delay in the student's start time as an appropriate placement is secured. All reasonable efforts will be made to resume the student's education as soon as possible.